Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thanks for the laughs, Harry.

10 years ago, 2 year important things came into my life- Camp Louise and Harry Potter.  I can hear you groaning right now. "Oh god, ANOTHER Harry freak" You're right, I am one of those Potterheads. You can stop reading any time. Some of my best memories have both camp and HP in them.

Here's the thing, though, unlike camp, I'll never have to say goodbye to Harry. Sure, this last movie is coming out and after I see this there will be nothing new to see about the HP world ever again. I'm okay with that. Sometimes it's just nice to escape to "where everyone knows your name." Or you know theirs.

Something else, there is a LOT of fan fiction out there about the Potterverse. Sure it's not as good as the offical written word (but it's no where near as bad as the "8th season" of BtVS. Plus one day when I have nieces and nephews, I'll get to rediscover the Potterverse all over. Or more likely in my case, when I get a puppy I can introduce him to Harry and his friends.

The books are amazing! I like the movies (especially since I'm able to pretend they are completely separate from the books.) But I guess I'll just close this by saying I'm very excited to see how it all ends. So, Harry James Potter thanks for the laughs.... Now go kick some ass

No comments:

Post a Comment